Automatic Sensor Cleaning
In the following cameras, whenever you turn the power switch to on or off, the Self Cleaning Sensor Unit is activated to automatically shake off the dust on the front of the sensor (CMOS).
- EOS-1Ds Mark III
- EOS-1D Mark IV
- EOS-1D Mark III
- EOS 5D Mark II
- EOS 7D
- EOS 60D
- EOS 50D
- EOS 40D
- EOS REBEL T3i/EOS 600D
- EOS REBEL T2i/EOS 550D
- EOS REBEL T1i/EOS 500D
- EOS DIGITAL REBEL XSi/EOS 450D
- EOS REBEL XS/EOS 1000D
- EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi/EOS 400D DIGITAL
Normally, you need not pay attention to this operation. However, you can run the sensor cleaning at any time by following the procedures below.
This section explains the procedures using the EOS REBEL T3i/EOS 600D. Depending on the model you are using, the content displayed on the LCD monitor might be slightly different from what is shown on your camera, but the procedure is almost the same.
1. Set the power switch to
2. Press the
Manual Sensor Cleaning
If you cannot remove dirt or dust on the image sensor (CMOS) even by using the sensor cleaning function on your camera, or if your camera does not have a function for sensor cleaning, you can clean the sensor on your own by using a commercially available blower.
The surface of the image sensor is extremely delicate. If the sensor needs to be cleaned directly, it is advisable to contact a Canon Service Center.AC Adapter Kits and DC Coupler Kits for each model
- For the power source, using an AC Adapter Kit is recommended. The AC Adapter Kit that can be used differs depending on the model. For details, please see the list below.
- If you use a battery, make sure it is fully recharged. If the battery grip with size-AA/LR6 batteries is attached, manual sensor cleaning will not be possible.
Model Name AC Adapter EOS-1Ds Mark III AC Adapter Kit ACK-E4 (bundled accessory) EOS-1Ds Mark II DC Coupler Kit DCK-E1 (bundled accessory) EOS-1Ds DC Coupler Kit DCK-E1 (bundled accessory) EOS-1D Mark IV AC Adapter Kit ACK-E4 (sold separately) EOS-1D Mark III AC Adapter Kit ACK-E4 (bundled accessory) EOS-1D Mark II N DC Coupler Kit DCK-E1 (bundled accessory) EOS-1D Mark II DC Coupler Kit DCK-E1 (bundled accessory) EOS-1D DC Coupler Kit DCK-E1 (bundled accessory) EOS 5D Mark II AC Adapter Kit ACK-E6 (sold separately) EOS 5D AC Adapter Kit ACK-E2 (sold separately) EOS 7D AC Adapter Kit ACK-E6 (sold separately) EOS 60D AC Adapter Kit ACK-E6 (sold separately) EOS 50D AC Adapter Kit ACK-E2 (sold separately) EOS 40D AC Adapter Kit ACK-E2 (sold separately) EOS 30D AC Adapter Kit ACK-E2 (sold separately) EOS 20D EOS 20Da AC Adapter Kit ACK-E2 (sold separately) EOS 10D AC Adapter Kit ACK-E2 (sold separately) EOS REBEL T3i/EOS 600D AC Adapter Kit ACK-E8 (sold separately) EOS REBEL T2i/EOS 550D AC Adapter Kit ACK-E8 (sold separately) EOS REBEL T1i/EOS 500D AC Adapter Kit ACK-E5 (sold separately) EOS DIGITAL REBEL XSi/EOS 450D AC Adapter Kit ACK-E5 (sold separately) EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi/EOS 400D DIGITAL AC Adapter Kit ACK-DC20 (sold separately) EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT/EOS 350D DIGITAL AC Adapter Kit ACK-DC20 (sold separately) EOS REBEL T3/EOS 1100D AC Adapter Kit ACK-E10 (sold separately) EOS REBEL XS/EOS 1000D AC Adapter Kit ACK-E5 (sold separately) EOS DIGITAL REBEL/EOS 300D DIGITAL AC Adapter Kit ACK-E2 (sold separately) EOS D60 Compact Power Adapter CA-PS400 and DC Coupler DR-400 (bundled accessory)
This section explains the cleaning procedure using the EOS REBEL T3i/EOS 600D. Depending on the model you are using, the content displayed on the LCD monitor might be slightly different from what is shown on your camera, but the procedure is almost the same.
1. Detach the lens before you start cleaning.
2. Set the power switch to
3. Press the
Removing Dirt or Dust on the Viewfinder or Mirror
Use a blower to blow away dust on the lens, viewfinder, reflex mirror, and focusing screen. For stubborn dirt, take the camera to the nearest Canon Service Center.
Do not use cleaners that contain organic solvents to clean the camera body or lens.
Because the materials used in the mirror are extremely soft, it could get damaged even if you simply touch the surface.
- View More: Canon Removing Dirt or Dust on the Viewfinder or Mirror
Checking the Battery Level (EOS REBEL T3i / EOS 600D)
When the power switch is set to
, the battery level will be indicated in one of four levels. Icon ondition Battery level is OK. Battery level is low, but still enough for now. Battery will be exhausted soon.(Blinks) Battery must be recharged.
You cannot check the battery level during movie shooting.
- View More: Canon Checking the Battery Level (EOS REBEL T3i / EOS 600D)
How do I recharge the battery? (EOS REBEL T3i/EOS 600D)
To recharge the battery supplied with your camera, follow the instructions below.
When recharging the battery, also see Precautions for Charging Battery Pack.
1. Remove the protective cover.
2. As shown in the illustration, attach the battery securely.
To detach the battery, follow the above procedure in reverse.
3. Recharge the battery.
As shown by the arrow, flip out the battery charger's prongs and insert the prongs into a power outlet.
Connect the power cord to the charger and insert the plug into the power outlet.
Recharging starts automatically and the charge lamp turns orange.
When the battery is fully recharged, the full-charge lamp will turn green.
- It takes approx. 2 hours to fully recharge a completely exhausted battery at 23℃ / 73℉. The time required to recharge the battery depends on the ambient temperature and battery's charge level.
- For safety reasons, recharging in low temperatures (6℃ - 10℃ / 43℉ - 50℉) will take a longer time (up to 4 hours).
Use of genuine Canon accessories is recommended.
This product is designed to achieve excellent performance when used with genuine Canon accessories. Canon shall not be liable for any damage to this product and/or accidents such as fire, etc., caused by the malfunction of non-genuine Canon accessories (e.g., a leakage and/or explosion of a battery pack). Please note that this warranty does not apply to repairs arising out of the malfunction of non-genuine Canon accessories, although you may request such repairs on a chargeable basis.
- View More: Canon How do I recharge the battery? (EOS REBEL T3i/EOS 600D)
Canon Telephone Support
You can call us at +44 (0)844 369 0100 *
The waiting time may vary depending on:
> the time of day you are calling
> the number of customers in queue
> the time needed to answer questions from other customers
Our helpdesk can be reached Monday to Friday from 9:00AM to 5:00PM. During this phone call you might be asked for some additional information. We recommend having the product as well as the following data to hand:
• exact product model name (e.g. EOS 400D)
• serial number of your device
• Operating system installed on your computer if applicable (e.g. Windows XP, Mac OS 10)
• Reference number of a previous contact with our helpdesk if available (so that we don’t have to capture your details again)
You will also be asked for your email address. This may be used to send you a survey to obtain your feedback to help us constantly improve our service. If you do not wish to participate in the survey, please ignore this email. You will not be contacted further unless there is a specific requirement to do so regarding your initial enquiry.
* The cost per call is 5p per minute using a fixed line with British Telecom. The charges can vary depending on telecom provider; please check with your telecom provider to find out the exact charges
- View More: Canon Canon Telephone Support