What causes black spots to appear in the same places in images taken and how can I get rid of them?
If certain kinds of black stains, dots, or dust are always visible in the same areas on images captured with the camera, dirt or dust may have adhered to the image sensor (CMOS).
- Clean the image sensor, prevent dust from appearing in images
- Removing dust from images using the software that came with your camera
Because this phenomenon cannot be completely prevented due to structural reasons, the image sensor can be cleaned when you think there might be dust on it.
How to clean the image sensor varies depending on the model being used.
Among EOS Digital cameras, some models come equipped with a function called a "Self Cleaning Sensor Unit," which automatically cleans dust off the surface of the image sensor. If you are using one of the following models, please see Automatic Sensor Cleaning.
- EOS-1Ds Mark III
- EOS-1D Mark IV
- EOS-1D Mark III
- EOS 5D Mark II
- EOS 7D
- EOS 60D
- EOS 50D
- EOS 40D
- EOS REBEL T3i/EOS 600D
- EOS REBEL T2i/EOS 550D
- EOS REBEL T1i/EOS 500D
- EOS DIGITAL REBEL XSi/EOS 450D
- EOS REBEL XS/EOS 1000D
- EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi/EOS 400D DIGITAL
Or, if you are using one of the following models, please see Manual Sensor Cleaning.
The Digital Photo Professional software that came with your camera has a function that you can use to remove unnecessary spots (dust and dirt) in images and blend those areas in with their surroundings. For details, please see the Digital Photo Professional instruction manual.
- EOS-1Ds Mark II
- EOS-1D Mark II N
- EOS-1D Mark II
- EOS 5D
- EOS 30D
- EOS 20D
- EOS 20Da
- EOS 10D
- EOS REBEL T3/EOS 1100D
- EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT/EOS 350D DIGITAL
- EOS DIGITAL REBEL/EOS 300D DIGITAL
- EOS D60
If the dirt or dust cannot be removed by the means above, please consult a Canon repair center.
- View Answer at http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Consumer_Products/products/cameras/Digital_SLR/EOS_600D.aspx?faqtcmuri=tcm:14-821762&page=1&type=faq
- Not the answer you were looking for?
- Click a problem area below for more Cameras solutions
- Not sure where to start, try searching our site