Home / Product Selection / Tablet / Getting Started / Motorola XOOM Wi-Fi - Transfer files to/from my computer
Motorola XOOM Wi-Fi - Transfer files to/from my computer
- Plug the USB cable into your Motorola XOOM Wi-Fi and then plug the USB cable into the PC.
- The first time the device is connected to the computer the PC will load up the drivers. If you receive any dialogue boxes to install drivers, click yes to continue. (If your device is not being recognized you may need to update your drivers on your PC) Click Here to visit the Motorola Driver Page.
- Once the drivers have been loaded. The PC will recognize the Motorola XOOM Wi-Fidevice as a portable media player. You can click on the My Computer icon. Click on the Motorola XOOM Wi-Fi portable media player.
- The device storage hard drive will display, double click on the Device Storage hard drive to view the files and folders stored on the device.
- You can copy files and folder between your PC and Motorola XOOM Wi-Fi tablet.
- Plug the USB cable into the Motorola XOOM Wi-Fi Tablet and then into the PC.
- When you plug in the tablet for the first time, the PC will ask to install drivers, click ok to continue. Once the drivers are installed, the device will show up as a Motorola XOOM Wi-Fi Media Player. The Autoplay feature in Windows 7 will present the Motorola XOOM Wi-Fi device with options. (If your device is not being recognized you may need to update your drivers on your PC) Click Here to visit the Motorola Driver Page.
- Click on the Open Device to View Files as depicted below.
- Click on the Device Storage drive to display the folders of the Motorola XOOM Wi-Fi harddrive.
- Click on files and Drag & Drop them to the Motorola XOOM Wi-Fi and PC.
- You will need to download and install the Mac File Transfer tool at http://www.android.com/filetransfer
- From the applications folder click on the Android File Transfer application.
- Ensure your Motorola XOOM Wi-Fi device is powered up and connect it to the USB cable and then connect to the MAC PC. The Android File Transfer tool will recognize the Motorola XOOM Wi-Fi is connected and it will pop up the file folder.
- You can now drag and drop files to and from the Motorola XOOM Wi-Fi to your Mac.
If you are unable to connect to USB. Click Here to visit the Motorola USB Troubleshooter.
- View Answer at https://motorola-global-en-uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/64287/p_country_code/GB
- Not the answer you were looking for?
- Click a problem area below for more Tablet solutions
- Not sure where to start, try searching our site