Home / Product Selection / Energy / Boiler Maintenance / What is Carbon Monoxide?
  • Question

    What is Carbon Monoxide?

    • Answer
    • Carbon Monoxide (CO) is a highly poisonous and sometimes deadly gas, produced when fuels such as coal, wood, oil or natural gas are burned without sufficient air. It's often emitted by appliances which haven't been properly installed or maintained, so always ask a Gas Safe registered engineer to install and service your gas appliance. CO is odourless, tasteless and invisible, so its difficult to detect.

      The symptoms of Carbon Monoxide poisoning can be similar to flu. If you suspect Carbon Monoxide poisoning you may suffer from:

    • headaches
    • nausea
    • general lethargy
    • dizziness
    • flu-like symptoms that appear to get better when you are away from the area

    • There's nothing more important than your safety. So if you are concerned about Carbon Monoxide, please call the Gas Emergency Services immediately on 0800 111 999, textphone 18001 0800 371 787.

      Read more about Carbon Monoxide.


    •  
    • View Answer at https://www.britishgas.co.uk/HelpAndAdvice/LookUp/?SXI=19,CASE=4122
    •  
    •  
    • Not the answer you were looking for?
    •  
    • Click a problem area below for more Energy solutions
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    • Loading
    •  
ad_holder