Home / Product Selection / Energy / Billing / Where can I get advice and support if I am worried about debt?
  • Question

    Where can I get advice and support if I am worried about debt?

    • Answer
    • British Gas debt team
      If you're having trouble paying your gas or electricity bill, call us so we can help on 0800 107 7064* or textphone 18001 0800 072 86268.* We're open Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm and Saturday 8am to 6pm.

      Other useful resources include:

      British Gas Ways to Pay Booklet and budget planner.

      National Debtline
      Free confidential and independent advice on how to deal with debt problems. Call 0808 808 4000 or visit the National Debtline website.

      British Gas Energy Trust
      An independent charity established by British Gas, the trust may be able to help if you have an energy debt. It can offer grants and Further Assistance Payments (FAPs) to British Gas customers. Find out more about British Gas Energy Trust.

      This organisation can find out if any grants or benefits may be available based on your circumstances. Visit the Turn2us website.

      Consumer Direct
      Consumer Direct, the government's helpline for consumer advice, offers clear, practical and impartial help & advice, you can call on 08454 04 05 06 or go to www.consumerdirect.gov.uk

      *Calls may be recorded and/or monitored for quality assurance and compliance purposes.

    • View Answer at https://www.britishgas.co.uk/HelpAndAdvice/LookUp/?SXI=13,CASE=3980
    • Not the answer you were looking for?
    • Click a problem area below for more Energy solutions
    • Loading